Another year, another pile of books to read! Here is a list of the books and essays I read in 2017. Works I especially enjoyed and recommend are marked in bold.
- Bennett, Brit. The Mothers.
- Bonhoeffer, Dietrich. Life Together.
- Bronte, Anne. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.
- Dickens, Charles. American Notes for General Circulation.
- Douglass, Frederick. My Bondage and My Freedom.
- Ferrante, Elena. My Brilliant Friend.
- Rowling, JK. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, by Newt Scamander.
- Saunders, George. Lincoln in the Bardo.
- Vance, JD. Hillbilly Elegy.